All art work posted on this site is the copyright of the individual Studio Tour Artists. Please respect this copyright and do not use or reproduce any photograph of a painting, actual photograph or other art work or use the idea for a painting or digital manipulation of your own without seeking permission first.

Friday 26 August 2016

Featured Artist - Shoshana Lock


This week's blog feature is by Shoshana Lock. She is a mixed media, acrylic, oil and ink contemporary artist.
I was born in Bulgaria in the second world war. When the war ended my family moved to Israel, where I graduated from the Technion in Interior Architecture & Design. These early life experiences, training, education and continued experimentation give me not only the emotional background, techniques and tools, but inspiration for the topics that concern and interest me, such as; relationships, the environment, and current world events. I normally start with a very vague idea and let my feelings and mood control my hand. The paintings that follow are some example of how I’ve expressed my feelings on what we are doing to ourselves and the planet.

This is a painting I finished late 2015, which I called " World Self destructing Mankind in Crisis", which I think is very relevant today and reflects my desire for more butterflies, bees, clean rivers, clean air and that we learn live in harmony with ourselves and the planet for our children and grandchildren. This is a painting inspired my concerns for Gaia (Mother Nature) our planet.





Summer is finally here, this is a painting I finished before I left for Israel in May, it's called "Chrysalis", and is about the pupa of life, our bee', butterflies etc. that carry the pollen, without whom our food supply would be very meek.


This is a painting I’ve been working on for the past year, I’ve called it “Social Pressure and Information Overload”. I am reflecting how the constant flow of information and twenty four hour news channels impact our society, especially our youth. This painting is a reminder of how we are social beings, and require connection, family and community. We need to find the right balance between the two.



To learn more about my art, and my inspiration please visit my website: shoshanalock.wix.com/slock   and my facebook page at,  https://www.facebook.com/Shoshana-lock. Look forward to seeing you during the studio tour during the weekend of October 15th and 16th. 



No comments:

Post a Comment