All art work posted on this site is the copyright of the individual Studio Tour Artists. Please respect this copyright and do not use or reproduce any photograph of a painting, actual photograph or other art work or use the idea for a painting or digital manipulation of your own without seeking permission first.

Sunday 4 May 2014

Featured Artist... Jette Cott


Jette Knudsen Cott came to Canada from Denmark with her parents and siblings in the 1950s.  All her life, she has been passionate about the beauty of the world around her and what she could do to make it more so.


Jette draws much of her inspiration from everyday visions such as nature’s scenery, children at play, florals and still life.  Her craft brings her incredible joy and the she enjoys the enthusiasm for her work of those who collect it.

 
Tell us about your most memorable moment that has happened in a previous Studio Tour

During last year's Studio Tour, I had old friends come by whom I had not seen for over 10 years. We had a great visit and they purchased a painting. I also had a wall designated to commissions I had done of children and dogs. Conversations and interest in this resulted in more commissions.



Tell us a little about your chosen medium you use and the way in which you work

My favorite paintings are watercolours, but I can't call it my only medium for painting. I love using acrylics too and always stride to create more blended, flowing images, even with some transparency to them.


 It's a very forgiving, fast medium which suits my impatient personality.

 If you would like to see more of Jette's work please visit her website: http://www.jetteknudsen.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment