All art work posted on this site is the copyright of the individual Studio Tour Artists. Please respect this copyright and do not use or reproduce any photograph of a painting, actual photograph or other art work or use the idea for a painting or digital manipulation of your own without seeking permission first.

Friday 19 July 2013

Featured Artist: Olena Lopatina

  Olena Lopatina

Website: art-3000.com/artist/?id=807

Contact (phone or e mail)   olenalopatina@yahoo.ca
 
Where were you born?
Ukraine
 
If you could have an art related vacation anywhere in the world where would you go and why? 
I will go on trip around Canada. I love Canadian Landscape
 

What’s your favourite thing to create and why?
My favorite always was and is now landscape. Nothing as perfect and so inspirational as nature.
 

How did you get your start in the world of art?
 I started painting on mirror with butter when I was a baby. Russian words for oil and butter are same - 'oil'. And my mom always telling me that I start paint with oil from birth.
 

Do you have go-to paints/colors that you love to use in your art work?
I like warm colors. And even if my work doesn't look warm, they about light and light always warm.
 
 
Who has been your biggest inspiration as an artist?
My biggest inspiration is my mom. She never become a professional artist but she has talent.
And later I found many others artists who became my teachers in art indirectly.
 
What have been some of your crowning achievements?
To talk about my crowning achievements is like writing memoirs . I am not ready for this yet.
 
 
If you could have three wishes as an artist, what would they be?
I wish that all art will be a happy art. Happy art makes people happier.
 
 
What is the best advice that you have received as an artist?
There are no bad colors, there are bad artists.
 
What colour best describes your personality?
 

blue-green
 
Thank you Olena

No comments:

Post a Comment